While on my way to the appointment yesterday, I received a call from the clinic telling me that my doctor had an emergency at the hospital & it would push my appointment back 45min and there was a chance he would not be back. I was asked if I wanted to wait or reschedule. I wanted wait. By the time I got there & signed in she told me the doctor was NOT coming back. I asked if there was another doctor I could see & she said she didn't think so because she had already filled their "openings" with all my dr's other clients that had appointments that day. THEN she looked at my chart & realized that I was 38 weeks. She said "you have to see one of them today, just give me a minute to find one that is available" 2 minutes later, I was told who I would be seeing & then about 10min after that, MY doctor walks in the door!! WAHOO!! So, I got to see my doctor & I was very happy about that!
No weight gain this time (not even an ounce)...YAY!!! The doctor didn't say anything about James' heart rate (was too busy talking to Andy about how the race went last weekend) but from what I heard his heart rate was just fine. =) He said dilation was "a loose 3cm". He did a little "something" to speed up the process & put me in labor naturally. However, I have heard/read mixed things about it. Some went into labor 5 hours after, some several days later & others had it done 3 times & still ended up being induced. SO, who knows if it will work for me or not. He asked if we wanted to schedule inducing but we decided to wait one more week & see if James will come on his own. If he is not here by next apt (April 15, 3:10pm) then we may schedule an induction. I have read about full moons, thunderstorms & going into labor. There just happens to be both TONIGHT! We'll see what happens..
No comments:
Post a Comment