Thursday, February 12, 2009

UPDATE...

I am still on this RSV thing! I found out yesterday that one of Kate's Sunday school/nursery friends was diagnosed with RSV AND secondary pneumonia a week ago!! This baby was in nursery the Sunday before Kate started coughing. Now we know how Kate got RSV! That poor family.......'nuff' said.


I am fully aware that I can not protect my baby from every bad thing/virus out there but I will most certainly try!!! I am very thankful that Kate has gone this long without getting it. I don't know if it has to do with her age or if that's just how she is, but she seems to be snapping out of it really quick. She coughs a lot during the day but is able to sleep (2 naps & ALL night) without coughing. WAHOO!! Unfortunately, we have to continue the breathing treatments every 4-6 hours (except at night, we let her sleep) for the next 3-4 days. Here is a picture of the device we have to use. The rubber thing (next to my fingers on the left) goes over her mouth & nose. The inhaler attaches to the other end, we do one 'puff' & hold the device tightly against her face (like the doctor said) for 8 seconds!! It is horrible. She screams when she know it's coming.



Here are a few pictures I took yesterday. I was trying to get dinner ready so I was letting her do whatever she wanted. Pictures tell it all. There are also pictures of her eating chocolate pudding. =) Click on the picture below to view the album.

KATE 2/11

No comments: