Thursday, January 22, 2009

Drs appt, 27 weeks

Yesterdays appointment was the glucola test (yay) & the rhogam shot. I was happy we got in when we did because my doctor got called to the hospital to deliver a baby about 2 min after being in our room. We were his last appointment of the day. Anyway, my blood sugar is fine but I am anemic so they have called in a prescription (don't know the name, I have not picked it up). I have not been feeling great but I had decided it was just the pregnancy & I needed to just "deal with it". Well, its nice to know that I don't have to feel this way for the next 13 weeks. Of course, if I would just take my prenatal vitamin daily (instead of twice a week), I probably would not be anemic. =) Stupidity, I know!!


The baby is good. When the doctor was trying to get the heartbeat, baby boy kept kicking him. Apparently baby boy didn't want to be messed with. I did get conformation that baby boy is very low!! With Kate, I was able to put socks & shoes on my feet all the way through but not with this little guy. It's starting to be a struggle. AND it's not because of the weight gain, I am exactly where I was at this point with Kate. On a side note, in case you haven't figured out by now, we don't have a name for this boy! That's why it's "baby boy" in every sentence. I promise, once we have chosen a name, I will share it with all of you.


That's it for this appointment. We have another appointment on February 18. After that, we go every 2 weeks for 2 visits & then we go once a week! OH MY!!!


We are scheduled for a 3d/4d ultrasound on Monday, January 26th. So, another update (with pictures) about baby boy coming Monday evening or Tuesday.



Another picture of the size of baby boy compared to a quarter...


"Your baby is as hefty as a head of cauliflower, weighing in at almost 2 pounds. (Length: about 14 1/2 inches.)"


No comments: